Get Involved in National Prevention Week 2014
Get involved in SAMHSA’s National Prevention Week 2014 – May 18-24, 2014!
National Prevention Week is a SAMHSA-supported annual health observance dedicated to increasing public awareness of, and action around, substance abuse and mental health issues. This observance is powered by communities nationwide that host prevention-themed events to:
- Increase the visibility of behavioral health and the benefits of prevention
- Provide a forum to educate the public
- Create opportunities for networking and collaboration.
SAMHSA invites your organization to participate in National Prevention Week 2014.
- If you’re already planning a community event for this year, consider connecting your event to National Prevention Week 2014. Capitalize on the momentum and exposure of this national movement.
- Haven’t started planning your community event? It’s not too late! SAMHSA provides planning tips and tools to help you organize a prevention-focused event in your community.
Here’s how to get started:
to learn more about National Prevention Week 2014 and how you can get involved. The website is also a place where SAMHSA can promote your organization’s National Prevention Week event and highlight your year-round prevention efforts.
Get in the spirit: watch the National Prevention Week 2014 promotional video. Share the video link and spread the word!
Browse the National Prevention Week 2013 Participant Toolkit to start gathering ideas for your event. The 2014 Participant Toolkit is coming soon to SAMHSA’s Store.
Keywords: national, prevention, week, samhsa, public, health, awareness, substance, abuse, mental, health, community, events