Each year, Recovery Month creates a toolkit to help individuals and organizations increase awareness of the power of recovery. The kit provides tips and resources for planning Recovery Month events and distributing information in communities across the nation.
Download the complete 2015 Recovery Month Toolkit (PDF | 3 MB), also available in Spanish (PDF | 925 KB).
The toolkit contains the following sections:
- Media Outreach (PDF | 343 KB) – provides instructions to plan and promote Recovery Month activities and events, as well as templates to customize and send to local and online media outlets.
- Targeted Outreach (PDF | 338 KB) – offers audience-specific information about the benefits of recovery, the effectiveness of treatment, and tips to overcome challenges during the recovery process.
- Voices for Recovery (PDF | 560 KB) – presents snapshots of individuals on different recovery pathways speaking up and reaching out to openly discuss mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Common Mental Disorders and Misused Substances (PDF | 225 KB) – provides specific information about some of the most common mental disorders and misused substances.
- Treatment and Recovery Support Services (PDF | 180 KB) – provides links to organizations that provide information and resources about prevention, treatment, and recovery support services that are available to people facing mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Fast Facts (PDF | 185 KB) – provides a list of relevant facts highlighting that behavioral health is essential to health, prevention works, treatment is effective, and people recover from mental and/or substance use disorders.
- Data Visualization (PDF | 2.1 MB) – includes infographics about behavioral health and substance use disorders, prevention, and treatment and recovery.