Month long various events starting with presence at the Towne Faire on 9-10-17 and proclamation from the Town Manager and Board of Selectmen on Tues. 9/12/17 @7pm
1. Sun. 9/10/17- RCASA Recovery Month Booth at the Reading Fall St. Faire (12-4)
2. Mon. 9/18/17- RCASA Presentation for Reading Rotary Club members (Noon)
3. Wed. 9/20/17- RCASA and Reading/North Reading Chamber of Commerce Breakfast for Business Community, 7:30-9 am
5. Tues 9/26/17- RCASA will host regional partners of the Mystic Valley Public Health Coalition for the Annual Voices for Recovery & Remembrance Celebration at RMHS, 62 Oakland Rd, Reading 6-7 pm.
6. Thurs. 9/28/17- RCASA Annual Meeting featuring DA Ryan and Dr. Ruth Potee, Keynote Speaker at RMHS, 7-9 pm
Throughout the month...
• RCASA staff will be available at all school and community events with resources.
• Reading Clergy Council will be promoting the anti-stigma campaign and offering prayers for those in recovery and those we have lost to addiction.
• Old South Methodist Church "Act Justly" and First Congregational Church "Reading Cares" will promote handmade blanket making through Project Linus.
• Taped segments on RCASA/Schools will be featured on RPS Today (Hosted on RCTV)
• RCASA Board Member will share their personal essays on substance abuse in the local newspaper
Type of Event:
Rally and Walk/Run Events (Rally and Walk/Run Events - and recovery for mental and substance use disorders, celebrates people in recovery, lauds the contributions of treatment)
Educational Events (Educational Events - and recovery for mental and substance use disorders, celebrates people in recovery, lauds the contributions of treatment and service)
Special Celebrations (Special Celebrations - Celebrates people in recovery, lauds the contributions of treatment and service)